Kendra Hadnott, here. I’m a private writing tutor, as well as a published children’s author. I started KHOOL Tutoring because of the overwhelming feedback from parents who were saying things like:
“The amount of run-ons in my child’s writing scares me. I’m worried he won’t be prepared for the future.”
“They just don’t teach the fundamentals of essay writing like they used to.”
“My kid hates reading.”
If any of that sounds familiar, I can help you.
There isn’t a profession out there that doesn’t use writing as some form of communication (if you don’t believe me, check out my “Reading is Fundamental” speech to the Chicago Public School system here). Children who hone their written communication skills from an early age often become effective communicators in their adult life—a select few may even become master negotiators. Being able to write well is a valuable skill…KHOOL Tutoring ensures that your child has it.
My one-on-one tutoring service comes with a few guarantees:
- a customized syllabus that’s tailored to your child’s learning style and interests
- a learning assessment that gives an overview of strengths and goals for addressing weaknesses
- a no-cost consultation where we’ll discuss scheduling, tutoring frequency, and pricing
Sessions take place in the Oak Park, IL and Aurora, IL areas. For Skype-only sessions, please inquire directly.
Current and Former Experience:
- Private writing tutor
- Author of 7 books
- K – 12 Bloomboard education expert
- Sixth grade teacher
- Huntington Learning Center tutor
- Site Director for an educational before and after school program
- Writer for Disney-themed educational e-books and games
- Writer for standardized test passages
Drop a Line
Slots do tend to fill up pretty quickly since I usually don’t open many. Feel free to check in with me at firstname.lastname@example.org to see what’s available.